Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2011

This house loves its fluff!

So with earth day yesterday and the great diaper change happening today I feel the need to talk fluff. If your not to sure what fluff is. I can tell you! Fluff is Cloth diapering. One of the best choices i made for my family. When i fist decided i was going to cloth diaper I was excited about the savings. Of course the up front can be costly but in the end i was going to save so much by keeping my kids in cloth. With in weeks my fluff stash had paid for its self!

When my daughter was first born i was quite scared to cloth diaper. and yes i did get a bunch of disposables from friends at her baby shower so she was a disposable baby till about the 2 month mark. She got a really really really bad diaper rash and i wanted to make sure what i was putting on her was natural and better to keep her healthy. So  we did eventually switch to cloth! It was my plan all along but when your on your first baby its really hard to try some thing new....

As this journey of cloth goes i am becoming more and more proud for my choice of cloth diapering my daughter. I am also learning a lot about what's in disposables and how horrible they are for not only your kids but the environment.

In the end its not that hard to cloth your baby! Find a few friends who are or net work on places on face book with lots of mothers who love the cloth life. Pick up a diper here and there and before you know it you will be swimming in super cute fantastic styles and prints for your little one!

4 comments:

  1. We were gifted around $400 worth of happy nappy diaper service, which is a fantastic cloth diapering service that I'm personally in love with... After being in the hospital and getting them into the cloth diapers, we had left over diapers from the hospital that we thought we'd use up. Guess what?? Instant diaper rash. So, disposables are going away and the cloth continues! Yay for fluff! Bummer we can't pick colors and patterns etc, but sooo happy with the ease and comfort and safety for our babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloth is awesome!!! You rock for supporting a great cause :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to use cloth diapers for our little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladys for commenting! cloth is all kinds of awesome! super cute, great for the environment and healthy for baby! best way to go for sure...

    ReplyDelete